Friday, May 15, 2009

keeping myself accountable

So many apologies for the lack of posts over the last few weeks. I have been house sitting and have had no internet access, but as of today I am back home and can start blogging again!

Now, a few posts ago I mentioned five things I was going to change in regards to food that I consume and so here is an update on how I'm going with those:

1. I have been making sure I am drinking less milk than I use to. I have been substituting my daily bowel of cereal with toast and fruit every second morning. I used to have a milo every day too, and I am trying to only have one every second day as well.

2. We have yet to plant our veggie garden, (Dad wanted to wait until we got some rain), but we have prepped the soil. well dad has prepped the soil, seeing as I haven't been home to do anything. But now that I am back home, he can expect some hassling from me to start planting :)

3. We bought mum a compost bin for mothers day! very exciting. I think i was more excited about it than mum, but we're filling a ice cream container full almost everyday to put in the bin and it's half way full already! It scares me to think how much we were throwing out into the waste before!

4.
Now I haven't yet switched to an organic muesli. My excuse is that I've been housesitting, so I have to make sure the food in those houses doesn't go to waste. But I will be going shopping today to get some!

5. I have made a conscious effort when I go out to dinner, (or if I have been to disorganised to make lunch beforehand) to choose vegetarian dishes over meat dishes.

So that's how I'm going. If anyone wants to let me know what changes they've made, post a comment. I'd love to hear about it.

Some more exciting news! I've booked my tickets to the Power Shift Conference in Sydney for the 11-13th of July! I'm so excited to go and learn more about what can be done and how to raise more awareness about climate change. I'm going by train, as it was cheaper by bus, but is still more eco-friendly than flying. so it'll be my first trip to Sydney which I'm pumped about! If anyone wants to come with me let me know!!

Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment